The Portfolio Analyst reports to the Vice President, Portfolio Analysis, actively monitoring and performing analysis of risk exposure for housing developments and loans within the HDC Asset Management portfolio. The Portfolio Analyst is also responsible for originating, underwriting, and closing mortgage loans to restructure debt and/or finance the rehabilitation of developments in HDC’s housing portfolio.
Area of Talent: Asset Management/Affordable Housing
Position Type: Full Time/Exempt
Location: NYC/Wall Street Area
- Establish and maintain relationships with project owners, managing agents and various governmental agencies.
- Review and analyze financial statements and physical inspection reports for each property.
- Work closely with HDC Engineers on physical inspections that require timely follow up.
- Monitor and take appropriate and swift action on financial issues such as mortgage delinquencies.
- Work closely with Senior HDC staff to assess the performance of the HDC portfolio and to help to design workout strategies for delinquent properties.
- Underwrite mortgage loans (analyze loan proposals; review due diligence materials; prepare spreadsheets outlining each proposal; prepare credit memos; present loans to Credit Committee for approval).
- Coordinate mortgage loan closings with internal and external parties, including developers, other City agencies, bankers, bond underwriters and tax credit syndicators.
- Identify project-specific regulatory obligations through thorough review of legal documents and agreements.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, real estate, or accounting; business administration with substantial course work/credits specific to finance, real estate, and/or accounting also acceptable.
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in real estate lending, and/or development; or a satisfactory combination of education and/or experience equivalent to the above
- Demonstrated interest in the affordable housing industry.
- Strong financial analysis skills and proficiency in using mortgage loan models
- Microsoft Excel experience performing Intermediate level functions including spreadsheet creation and database management.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, and the ability to build relationships with staff, executives and external partners.
- Strong organizational skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Federal, New York State, and New York City affordable housing programs and the development process is a plus
Submitted resumes must be accompanied by a cover letter that includes salary requirements.
Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com or fax to (646) 304-4819.
HDC demonstrates a strong commitment to its employees by providing a salary that is competitive and commensurate with experience and excellent benefits including health benefits, retirement savings and career development programs.
HDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer