Project Manager, Engineering & Architecture
The Project Manager, Engineering & Architecture position reports to the Vice President of Engineering and Architecture in the Asset Management Department. This position performs physical inspections, design reviews, rehabilitation plan and cost reviews, and construction monitoring of occupied rehabilitation projects
Area of Talent: Engineering/Affordable Housing
Position Type: Full Time/Exempt
Location: NYC/Financial District
- Analyze and assess building conditions, maintenance practices, energy efficiency, storm resiliency, construction plans, and rehabilitation costs.
- Prepare written reports to be shared with owners and managing agents with findings and recommendations to improve their properties.
- Review owner responses to findings and determine the feasibility of the proposed remediation.
- Complete plan and cost reviews of rehabilitation scopes to advise financing staff.
- Monitor construction progress and review construction requisitions.
- Participate in evaluating initiatives and policies affecting the physical strength of HDC’s portfolio including the identification of possible risks to the portfolio.
- Participate and represent HDC in meetings with borrowers, business partners and other agencies.
- Oversee third party consultants as applicable.
- Frequent travel throughout the five boroughs of New York City required under usual conditions. (HDC workforce is currently working remotely)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in engineering, architecture, or construction management; and 1-3 years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of NYC building codes, multi-family residential construction, HVAC, plumbing, electrical and building conveyance systems.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office productivity tools.
- NYS licensed PE or RA, LEED, BPI or CEM certification
- Knowledge of Federal State and New York City affordable housing programs.
- Driver’s license preferred, but not required.
Interested applicants may email a cover letter with salary requirements and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to the Human Resources Department at (646) 304-4819.
HDC demonstrates a strong commitment to its employees by providing a salary that is competitive and commensurate with experience and excellent benefits including health benefits, retirement savings and career development programs.
HDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.